Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gettin' Your Coup On...

During another mind-blowing trip to find mysterious things like diapers and chocolate for melting, I managed to print coupons for the craft store. Fully aware I could only use one for my purchase, I printed two anyway. At the check-out, I saved about $6..yay! But the bonus was giving my extra coupon to the mom next to me. She was so excited to save such a small amount of money. But for me, it was like giving the gift of a surprise sale item at the register. One of the surprises of the universe that I deeply cherish.

So following my trip to the craft store, I continued on my danger-filled mission to Target. With my 22 month-old in tow (who dislikes shopping carts more than vaccinations), I knew we were going to be less than efficient and noisier than a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerine plant (love that movie).

You would have thought that the electronics department was giving away samples of Paxil and free day-planners with the amount of needy women that were waiting for help. The employees were more than a little overwhelmed but trying to please everyone nonetheless, as should any smart man surrounded by that much estrogen. I decided to wait patiently after I asked a helpless "team member" if he could unlock a Wii game for me. He explained that he didn't have keys but he would go to the stock room, where I'm pretty sure he hid in a box and had a snack since when he came back he looked at me and asked very politely if I had been helped yet. Enter Super Manager. I wish I would have gotten his name because he was more than helpful, totally in control and very short. I had my game within minutes and he offered to ring up my purchases in his department so I was not forced to walk to the front of the store. Being that I was going to walk to the front of the store anyway in order to exit the building and that there were about six evil stares waiting for me at the electronics register (from my fellow estrogen posse), I felt it to be a smarter decision to make my way to the front of the store. He was more than thankful and even followed me to the front to give me a $5 gift card/coupon to use with my purchase!

So, the moral of the my story is simple. Even when the odds are against you, sometimes things work out if you are just nice.

In the wise words of the talented musician and actor, Ice Cube..."Today I didn't even have to use my A.K., I gotta say it was a good day."

No comments:

Post a Comment