Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cooking

We just got home from a week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina with three of our favorite families. It was a great week of beach and kids and laughs and a few cocktails. In past years, each family has taken a night to cook dinner, with a few nights leftover for take-out and restaurants. This year, however, we changed it up a little and two families shared one night, leaving more open time to go out or do whatever. As my husband was making crab cakes and seasoning chicken and potatoes and running up and down the stairs to the grill, I realized that while I might be an exceptional sous chef to my own personal iron chef, I should probably try a little harder in the cooking department. So as fall sneaks up right around the corner and school begins and schedules ensue, I'm making it my goal for the school year to actually cook meals for my family. No more frozen pizza and chicken nuggets. I'm publicly proclaiming to the 4 people that subscribe to my blog that I WILL COOK! My plan is to plan. I need to get my act together on Sunday and plan what I'm going to cook that will work with our schedule and that uses realistic ingredients. And of course it needs to taste good. Not great...just good. I was inspired by the fact that I just watched the movie based on Julia Child called Julia and Julia, but I'm not planning on any coq au vin for the fam. With my friend the crock-pot and Pinterest as my guide, I will conquer the kitchen. Or at least a small portion of it. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment